Splunk provides operational intelligence through a range of Big Data analysis tools for monitoring, inspecting, and visualizing event logs.
270 Brannan Street
San Francisco, California 94107
Tel: (415) 848 - 8400
Doug Merritt serves as CEO and President of Splunk. He was previously SVP with Cisco.
Founded in 2003 by Rob Das, Michael Baum, and Erik Swan, the company went public in 2012 and trades on the NASDAQ exchange. Investors included August Capital, JK&B Capital, Sevin Rosen Funds, and Ignition Partners. The company reported $450.9M in revenue in 2015.
Caspida (2015) – Security Analytics
LogRhythm, Sumo Logic, AlienVault, HPE
Products and Services
Splunk provides a range of Big Data analytic tools for security logs that can be grouped as follows:
• Splunk Enterprise – Collect, analyze, and act on enterprise event logs
• Splunk Cloud – SaaS-based analysis tools
• Hunk – Big Data analytic platform
• Apps and Add-Ons – Solves specific problems via add-on
• Splunk MINT – Mobile intelligence