Spamhaus is a non-profit organization focused on tracking Spammers and supporting anti-Spam activities across the world through threat intelligence.
Spamhaus Project Organization
18 Avenue Louis Casai – CH-1209
Spamhaus Project Ltd.
26 York Street
London W1U 6PZ
Steve Linford, Founder and CEO of Spamhaus, previously served as a production manager for rock group Pink Floyd and singer Michael Jackson.
Founded in 1998, Spamhaus is based in Geneva and London and is run by a dedicated staff of 38 investigators, forensic specialists, and network engineers located in ten countries.
Products and Services
Spamhaus provides and posts publicly real-time investigative-based information on Spammers and anti-Spam support activities in the following areas:
• Spamhaus Block List (SBL) – Database of IP addresses recommended for blocking email
• Exploits Block List (XBL) – Database of IP addresses of hijacked and infected PCs
• Policy Block List (PBL) – Database of end-user IP addresses that should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email
• Domain Block List (DBL) – Database of domains found in Spam messages
• DROP (Don’t Route or Peer) Lists – Advisory lists of netblocks that are hijacked
• Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) – Listing of persistent Spam operators