Palo Alto Networks provides on-premise and virtualized next-generation firewall products and services for enterprise customer networks, endpoints and cloud.
Palo Alto Networks – Corporate Headquarters
4401 Great America Parkway
Santa Clara, California 95054
Nikesh Arora joined as chairman and CEO of Palo Alto Networks in June 2018. Before, Nikesh served as president and chief operating officer of SoftBank Group Corp. Prior to that, he held a number of positions at Google, Inc. during a 10-year span.
Nir Zuk, Rajiv Batra, Dave Stevens, and Yuming Mao founded Palo Alto Networks in 2005. After seven years of growth as a private company supported by funding from Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, Globespan Capital Partners, Lehman Brothers, Jafco Ventures, Japan Asia Investment, Tenaya Capital, and Northgate Capital, the firm successfully completed IPO in 2012 and is listed on the NYSE.
Demisto (2019) - SOC Automation
Twistlock (2019) - Cloud Security
Zingbox (2019) - ICS
Morta Security (2014)
FireEye, Fortinet, F5
Products and Services
Palo Alto Networks provides the following solutions:
• Next-Generation Firewalls – The flagship PA-Series NGFW is available in different throughput ranges.
• Cloud-Based Sandboxing – The WildFire and AutoFocus services provides cloud-based sandbox protection and cyber threat intelligence analytics based on its over 3000-strong global subscriber base.
• Network Security Management – The Panorama platform offers security tool admin assessment.
• Virtualized Next- Generation Firewalls – The VM-Series NGFW products are available for AWS, Citrix, KVM, OpenStack, Azure, Hyper-V, NSX and ESXi/vCloud Air.
• Endpoint Security – The Traps product offers endpoint security for the OS and applications.
• SaaS Application Security – The Aperture service provides visibility and control for sanctioned SaaS apps.
• Mobile VPN – The GlobalProtect service extends the policies and protections of NGFW to mobile endpoints.
Palo Alto Networks offers subscriptions for threat prevention, URL filtering, and cloud-based threat analysis (WildFire). Security consulting services is also available from Palo Alto Networks, including architectural assessment and support.