Impulse provides a solution called SafeConnect that manages network access policies and endpoint security with emphasis on both enabling secure BYOD and preventing unauthorized accesst to network resources. Impulse has recently launched SafeConnect Software Defined Perimeter (SDP), providing secure multi-cloud access leveraging zero-trust technology.
5650 Breckenridge Park Drive, Suite 201
Tampa, Florida 33610
Tel: (813) 607 – 2771
- J. David Robinson, CEO of Impulse Point has previously founded and sold start-up and mature companies, including having served in roles at DoD and a healthcare company.
- Dennis Muley, President and Co-Founder has a background including IT, Consulting and Telecommunications.
The private company, founded in 2004, is headquartered in Tampa, Florida with offices in Boston and Austin.
ForeScout, Bradford Networks, Cisco ISE and Aruba ClearPass
Products and Services
The Impulse SafeConnect solution for devices and users offers administration of network access policy modules to comply with anti-virus, anti-Spyware, Microsoft OS patches, peer-to-peer file sharing, registration, and authentication requirements. Specific capabilities that are embedded in SafeConnect include the following:
• Contextual Intelligence – Allows automation of security and compliance policy enforcement
• Policy Enforcement Flexibility – Allows policy decisions based on location, identity, and other organizational attributes.
• Orchestration – Integrate and enhance the organizations’ security portfolio by leveraging Contextual Intelligence for more granular policies and automate actions from thread detection systems.
• Multi-Cloud Secure Access – Software Defined Perimeter providing secure access to an organizations applications in a multi-cloud environment, as well as secure access from outside the traditional network perimeter, providing a superior alternative to VPN.
SafeConnect works as a passive virtual appliance connected to directory services (LDAP, MS Active Directory, etc.) with support for remote maintenance and rapid installation. The original focus for the company is the education technology marketplace including both K through 12, and higher education, and has now expanded to all industries with a need for visibility, security and control over all the devices on their network.