CipherCloud offers an open platform that provides enhanced security for organizations to use cloud and virtual applications such as Salesforce.com. Specific security functions include encryption, data loss prevention, and malware detection.
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1100
San Jose, California 95110
(855) 5CI-PHER (855 – 524 – 7437)
Pravin Kothari, Founder, Chairman, and CEO of CipherCloud, was previously Founder and CTO of Agiliance, as well as Co-Founder and VP of Engineering for ArcSight, which was eventually acquired by HP.
Pravin Kothari founded the company in 2010 based on his vision of how cloud and virtual security would evolve. The company has since grown considerably, and is backed by Andreessen-Horowitz, Index Ventures, and Deutsche Telecom. CipherCloud closed a Series B round of investment for $50M led by Transamerica Ventures with Delta Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, T-Ventures, and Deutsche Telecom Ventures. Headquartered in California, the company has presence in the UK, Australia, India, and Japan.
Products and Services
CipherCloud provides enhanced security, starting with encryption, for organizations that use cloud or virtual services such as Salesforce.com. CipherCloud’s platform solutions are offered as virtual appliances or in-the-cloud and can be grouped as follows:
• CipherCloud for Salesforce – The CipherCloud Open Platform solution offers encryption, tokenization, activity monitoring, data loss prevention (DLP), and malware detection for sensitive customer data stored in Salesforce and Force.com.
• CipherCloud for Salesforce Chatter – This addresses internal communications on Salesforce.
• CipherCloud for Box – This involves the use of DLP to scan, detect, and mitigate risks for business collaboration and content sharing on Box.
• CipherCloud for Office 365 – This solution addresses email, calendar, contact, and task information stored in Exchange Online and Hosted Exchange.
• CipherCloud for Gmail, AnyApp, and Amazon Web Services